eVerge Group is now live with the full suite of Fusion HCM products – HR, Benefits, Payroll, Workforce Compensation and Talent Management. Keep reading to follow the path we took to get there — focusing here on Talent Management.
In our current organization, there are two legal entities –operating in the US and India. We have multiple business units, departments, locations and jobs within a centralized HR function.
Fusion Talent Management went live in October of 2012. Prior to Fusion, we were managing multiple systems to track employee goals, performance, skills and qualifications. As a result, an excessive amount of time was spent maintaining and searching for talent-related information. With Fusion HR fully implemented, we were ready to leverage the integration with Goal Management, Performance Management and Talent Profiles.
Here are some of the lessons we learned while configuring Talent Management:
- Be strategic in applying configuration changes and maintaining your test data and scenarios. In some instances, once testing starts, configuration changes can’t be applied. The testing will have to be rolled back and scenarios reapplied after the configuration changes.
- Fusion Performance Management offers flexibility in template eligibility by configuring Eligibility Profiles. With five different templates, we designed rules based on job function, so employees don’t have to make a selection. However, during the testing phase, we discovered that the default template was not always correct. We reported the bug and Oracle has since corrected the issue.
- It is never too early to capture and standardize the talent profile content to track and monitor employee skills and accomplishments. Content should be defined by the business owners and be near completion before the project starts. Otherwise, you run the risk that it becomes a phase II project.
- Synchronize your goal planning with your performance review period. This will facilitate integration to push goals to the performance review.
- Working closely with Oracle on instance (Pod) management including data refresh, patching, upgrades, etc. is critical to a successful implementation. It is important to ensure that the latest code level and data is being tested. Also, data refreshes means ensuring that the testing Pod was current to minimize dual entry for the Production Pod.
Below are configuration, business process and project decisions that played a part in our success in “standing up” Fusion Talent management:
- We solicited help from others in the organization who were not part of the implementation team. They provided feedback that was important to identify configuration considerations early in the project. Their involvement provided familiarity with the new functionality and processes and their transition to Fusion Talent Management was seamless.
- There were a mixture of anniversary and calendar-based performance reviews. We took the opportunity from the onset to streamline the process and line-up review periods with our compensation plans.
- The legacy performance system was designed to address performance and development goals. With Fusion, we were able to configure goal management to separate these goal types. As a result, only performance goals are pushed to employee reviews.
- We took the time up front to review our Competencies and eliminate redundancy.
- Goal management was designed to enable Target Outcomes. When an employee completes a goal, the associated skill or accomplishment is pushed to their talent profile automatically.
Below is a snapshot of a performance review document from a manager’s perspective. Much of the structure and content you see here is highly configurable to meet your specific business needs.
Watch for upcoming blogs about Payroll and our Open Enrollment go live. We are also live with HCM Core, Payroll, Benefits and Workforce Compensation … keep coming back to see more blogs over the next few weeks!
The author of this article/blog is Steve Stuart. Steve is a Senior Fusion HCM Implementation Consultant resource for eVerge Group with more than 16 years of Software Packages implementation and support experience.