Written by Shay Sanders and Richelle Shaffer
Oracle offers more than one marketing automation management solution to accommodate the needs of various businesses and industries. When it comes to CRM integration, many customers have asked what the difference is between CRM On Demand’s Email Marketing (EMOD) and On Demand Marketing (ODM).
Both products were developed to extend the marketing automation capabilities of Oracle CRM On Demand (CRMOD) and decrease marketer’s dependency on IT and third-party vendors.
EMOD enables customers to easily set up and configure personalized email campaigns, along with the ability to track delivery and responses. ODM is Oracle’s new and improved marketing product that expands on EMOD and provides a full suite of capabilities to automate the complete marketing process, from designing campaigns through lead management and nurturing to measuring marketing ROI.
Below is a quick rundown of the different features and functions of EMOD and ODM:
It is worth noting, that many of the common features between both apps are significantly richer in ODM. Examples:
- Personalized email templates can be stored for reuse in ODM.
- Segmentation runs within the ODM application vs. through an MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Segmentation runs dynamically (i.e.: it refreshes each time the campaign is launched, whether dynamically or statically).
- ODM email delivery responses are much broader than the set in EMOD; examples include forward and click-through destinations.
- Prebuilt Reports and Analytics for ODM are much more advanced over those in EMOD.
In summary, ODM offers best-in-class marketing automation implementation with both sales and marketing and takes CRM Marketing to the next level, while retaining the integrity of true CRM integration.
About the authors: Shay Sanders, Director, CRM Practice, has been with eVerge since 2000 and Richelle Shaffer, CRM OD Consultant, has been with eVerge since 2011.